Recipe for Trout in Puff Pastry
- One fillet of Albury Estate fresh trout
- 250 grams of spinach
- One medium size onion
- Two cloves of garlic
- Zest of a lemon
- A generous handful of prawns
- A packet of puff pastry (can be found in any supermarket)
- Soak the fillet of trout in a brine solution for an hour and dry with kitchen paper
- Chop the onions, garlic and spinach
- Place the dried fish, separately, and other ingredients in a tiered steamer for twenty minutes adding the prawns after fifteen minutes.
- Remove the skin from the trout and flake the flesh, removing any bones that can be seen. Add the trout and other ingredients (drained) to a large bowl and mix.
- Open the pastry and place the contents of the bowl lengthwise along one half of the pastry. Sprinkle the lemon zest and cover the mixture with the other half of the pastry to make a long parcel.
- Pop the top of the parcel to allow air to escape during cooking, coat with milk and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Place on a shelf towards the bottom of an oven at 220 centigrade (this avoids a soggy bottom to the pastry)
- Cook for 25 minutes, turning the parcel 180 degrees half way through cooking to avoid one side of the top being browner than the other.
- Serve with potatoes and vegetables of choice.
Recipe created by Alun Thomas